Tea for a sore throat
This hot beverage will ease pain and inflammation when you have a cold.
1 cup of Water,
2 tablespoons of ginger,
1 tablespoon of honey.
Boil water, squeeze the lemon, peel and cut the finger in little pieces, mix it all with a spoon in a cup and finally add honey to taste.
My family’s recipe
This drink was seriously lifesaver today! I have always been prone to throat infections, and my mom had he ingredients to make this warm beverage always at hand.
Now that I’m a mom, I understand how important it is to have a safe to go solution to common problems, especially when you have toddlers running around and not much time to go through your options and research.
WARNING: This recipe works if the source of your sore throat is local infection, like for a common viral flu. It eases the pain and inflammation. DO NOT USE IF YOU SUFFER FROM REFLUX.
– 1 cup of water
– 1 lemon
– 2 tablespoons of ginger root peeled and cut in little pieces
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– 1 bag of Vick’s Flutherapy (Optional) in case you have a headache or additional flu symptoms.
1. Boil the cup of water or (my personal lazy mom’s favorite) put it in the microwave for 90 seconds
2. Squeeze the lemons and pour the juice into the cup. I like to take all the carpels (the fibrous little segments) of the lemon and throw them into the tea as well.
3. After you’ve peeled a thumb-sized piece of ginger root cut it into little pieces and add them to the cup.
4. In case you want to add Vick’s tea now is the time to do it, and taste if it’s not too sweet to add honey.
5. Add honey to taste.
6. Mix it all together with a spoon and drink, chewing the little ginger root pieces and lemon as well.
Hope this was useful, get better soon!